Health is the over all condition of an organism at a given time. Thinking of people, health consists of a complete state of physical, social, and mental well being.
Health permits people to lead an individually, socially and economically productive life.
Health awareness is the basic concept of living a healthy life that makes sure that you do not get sick and are able to live an optimal life style.
- It can provide every one freedom from all diseases
- It can provide sound mental and physical state to live an optimal life.
- It helps you choose your health care options.
Health awareness is a comprehensive understanding of health. Every normal person need to know this to take care of their “SELF”. This responsibility also extends to the families, societies, countries and the world.
It is a very important aspect of our lives. Introductory health care and taking care of yourself is taught in schools also, but no one stresses the implication of these rules when children are growing up except parents. Parents tell children what to do and how to do but its importance and constant practice for long term health care is not the focus at all.
Health promotions through education is essential wellness plan of life. Once growing children know that taking care of health is as important as being ready to work for making money, they will have a different out look on health information.
STS uganda Health campaigns offer great potential to raise awareness and understanding about health issues and mobilize support for action, from the local community .This is done through the local leaders.
We also partner with the District Health office of Yumbe ,and other NGOs to carry Campaigns on malaria,Water and Sanitaion,HIV & AIDS,Drug addiction and general health care Parctices.
What is the cycle of poverty and poor health?
Millions of people around the world live in a cycle of poverty and poor health that is difficult to break.
Poverty and poor health worldwide are inextricably linked. The causes of poor health for millions globally are rooted in political, social and economic injustices. That’s why it is so crucial to tackle the root causes of poor health as well as the symptoms.
Poverty increases your chance of getting ill because of:
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of clean water
- Harsh realities that may make putting your health at risk the only way to survive or keep your family safe.
Poor health increases poverty by:
- Reducing a family’s work productivity
- Leading families to sell assets to cover the costs of treatment. This increases poverty and their vulnerability to shocks in the future.
Other factors that contribute:
Infectious diseases such as diarrhoea, tuberculosis, malaria, and HIV – as well as neglected tropical diseases – kill and weaken millions of the poorest and most vulnerable people each year. This takes children and teachers out of school and ruins economies by attacking people in their most productive years.
Where war and internal conflict exists there is another layer of risk and vulnerability that deepens the cycle.
The effects of climate change and environmental degradation are already threatening to destroy livelihoods and spread disease.
The economic and political structures that sustain poverty and discrimination need to be transformed in order for poverty and poor health to be tackled.
STS Uganda Health Poverty Action says:
- Youth and Women Empowerment to enable them engage in productive activities will change the Health and poverty levels in Yumbe
- Health workers and Community leaders need to join hands with Sts Uganda to solve the problems of Health and Poverty In Yumbe for sustainable livelihood.
- Sts Uganda with the help of Development partners Aims to put a greater priority on health and address the need for equitable, universal health coverage to achieve Sustainable livelihood
- Sts Uganda aims at addressing the factors that sustain the cycle of poor health, such as poor nutrition, unsafe water and sanitation and a lack of education must be a priority. This means radically reducing poverty.